Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 2 of 30 Day Shred

I am super sore. My quads, my shoulders, and gluts especially. I woke up and kinda rolled outta bed. The motion of sitting requires special maneuvering. (I love those squats!) I am also getting a cold. Plus I got sunburned yesterday wranglin baby goats. I had all kinds of reasons why I didn't have to do the Shred today. I wasn't even sure I could actually physically do it.
I got the morning chores done: bottle feeding bucklings, putting hay in the barn for the goats when it starts raining, start laundry, clean kitchen, learning time, etc... I'm working myself up to the workout. I feel very, very weak because of the muscle soreness.
I am committed. I CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens me! With my son Jadon cheering me on, saying "You can do it mom, you can do it!!" I started. Wow, it was hard. Really hard until I got warmed up. Surprisingly, my muscles actually worked and towards the end I even felt stronger than I did yesterday. I am victorious! I made it! Some people might think, "So what, it's only day 2 and only 20 minutes." But for me, I don't think I have ever worked out the same muscles that hard 2 days in a row. I always take a break. This was huge for me. I overcame something I did not think I was capable of. Today is my birthday and I have vowed I do not want flabby arms or muffin top at 40, plus I want to do a half marathon and a triathlon. I have 3 years...

No comments:

Post a Comment