Friday, November 22, 2013

Simple DIY Toothpaste

My homemade recipe for toothpaste has 3 ingredients. Super easy peasy..
In a small container with a lid (I use 4 oz) measure out about 2 ounces of coconut oil. 


Next, measure out about 1 tablespoon of baking soda. In addition to that, about 10 drops of peppermint essential oil. Mix well. I say "about" but I really mean exactly ;)

             Mixing Mixing Mixing

I dip my toothbrush into it and get a good ole glob on there:

          Brushing Brushing Brushing



Grab good old peroxide and add a few drops of peppermint straight to the bottle and use as a rinse. -whitening + antibacterial. Can't beat that Jack!  Thereya go! 

My dentist recommended the peroxide and commended me for using the baking soda as well. I was glad I was already using them!

You can adjust the amount of baking soda to your preference. More baking soda = more abrasive + more salty. 


No comments:

Post a Comment